“I’ve always loved butterflies because they remind us that it’s never too late to transform ourselves.” – Drew Barrymore.
Transformation put simply, is a marked change in form, nature, or appearance.
What do you think of when you hear the word transformation?
Transformation is constantly happening in and around us, whether we choose to acknowledge it or not. For example:
• When we take raw ingredients and put together a feast that we share with our nearest and dearests
• When a seed gets planted and grows into something nourishing, beautiful or spectacular
• How about when we overcome our biggest fears and choose to be courageous instead
• When we acknowledge what it takes to achieve our goals and the changes that it takes in order to get us there
• And when we challenge ourselves to learn something new and allow knowledge to transform our thoughts and perceptions
I could mention so much more; however, I will leave it to you to think of others.
My appreciation for transformation emerged during one of the most challenging times of my life. The caterpillar’s transformation journey into a butterfly served as a reminder that circumstances don’t always remain as is. That in due time, change will happen.
One of the greatest privileges that I have is to come alongside people as a counsellor. The reward of seeing clients transform into the best version of themselves is priceless! I have witnessed clients break barriers and change the narrative. Discovering the goodness that we all have within us and the ability to transform and grow.
I wonder what would happen if we recognised transformation in our lives? Not only our physical growth from a baby to an adult but the transformation in our thinking, the obstacles we’ve faced, the heartache we have navigated and all the wins, both big and small.